Hiring Organization / Company: Dumb Friends League
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Purpose of Position: Assist veterinarians in providing medical care and treatment for animals, and exceptional customer service to patrons. This position works directly with underserved community members and their pets to provide high quality, affordable veterinary care.
- Monitor care and treatment of animals to ensure proper services and follow-up care are provided and completed efficiently.
- Provide first line of exceptional customer service to all patrons.
- Ensure a smooth and timely flow of office calls from check-in to discharge.
- Accurately review discharge patient instructions with clients and distribute educational materials as recommended by doctor.
- Thoroughly record conversations with clients including all recommendations, declined recommendations or treatments.
- Collect required laboratory samples and accurately process them for in-house or reference lab submission.
- Take and process all radiographs, including dental radiographs.
- Medicate, vaccinate, and treat animals as prescribed by veterinarian.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate, monitor anesthesia, prepare patient for surgery, and keep thorough surgery logs and anesthesia sheets.
- Assist veterinarians in surgical and medical procedures, including dentistry.
- Utilize proper animal handling and restraint.
- Perform medical and surgical patron call-backs as directed by veterinarian.
- Fill client prescriptions and maintain drug logs as required.
- Use and maintain medical equipment.
- Perform accurate data entry into hospital software system to update client and animal records.
- Clean and maintain work areas.
- List needed inventory items on want list before the last one is taken, stock all areas of hospital as needed, monitor items for expiration dates.
- Maintain professional and courteous demeanor in challenging/stressful situations.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions.
Organizational competencies apply to all jobs at the League; position competencies are specific to this position.
- Attention to Detail
- Managing Resources
- Technical Expertise
- Decision Making
- Results Oriented
- Time Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Conflict Management
Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- CVTs are eligible for student loan reimbursement
Compensation: Starting at $17 per hour (uncertified); $18 per hour (certified veterinary technicians); (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Job Location Information:
Location: Denver, Co
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Normally, you will have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are several people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can also be easy if you already know where to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an implausible and usually lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide critical training, property, and programs for job seekers. Those firms may also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A simple Web test for job firms to your areashould uncover the place and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end goal for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into a long-lasting process for the individuals who carry out neatly all over their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash when money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.