Hiring Organization / Company: Denver Public Schools
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
OFFICE SUPPORT I (JOB ID: 47688)
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Under direct supervision, perform routine clerical and administrative functions for a school or department. Responsible for basic typing, filing, mail distribution and telephone coverage.
- Performs various basic office duties, including: answering phones, greeting visitors, distribute mail, order office supplies, filing.
- Create, type, distribute, prepare and mail routine correspondence, checking for completeness and accuracy.
- Operate and utilize computers, related software, and various district applications.
- Maintain appropriate records and documents – student attendance, records, and information or employee/personnel information, according to FERPA and district policy
- Update and maintain the calendar of appointments.
- Assist with event operations; reserving rooms, order catering, set up, etc.
- Operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- One (1) or more years’ experience in administrative/clerical work.
- Basic knowledge and experience with computer-based spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.
- Experience producing various general office documents, analysis and recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively as member of team.
- Ability to multi-task and complete work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral formats.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Basic proficiency with MS Office and other computer software programs.
- Able to answer multi-line and high-level phone system.
- Able to handle high volume of multi-tasking.
High School diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent.
Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Job Location Information:
Location: Denver, Co 80227
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs this present day. In most cases, you’re going to have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center may also be simple if you already know where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an out of this world and regularly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms usually provide critical coaching, belongings, and methods for activity seekers. These corporations can be in particular useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Internet test for job firms to your areashould discover the place and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The top goal for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into an enduring task for the people who perform neatly all over their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.