Hiring Organization / Company: Liberty Global
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- In this role, you will support the VP of Strategy & Technology and the Strategy team by providing the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision making.
- The role supports strategic decision making impacting the overall business, with a focus on new opportunities for growth in technology and innovation. The role is responsible for analyzing, reporting and presenting industry insights, company performance and key project updates to support the executive teams in decision making.
- By bringing strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, the role brings the ability to think about what is - and what the possibilities could be.
- The Manager, Strategy role is classified as Salaried Exempt, not eligible for overtime pay.
- Structure complex problems, gather and analyse massive amounts of information expeditiously, and deliver insights and recommendations to the executive teams.
- Understand and stay current on industry trends, new technology and internal product development efforts. Leverage this knowledge to keep the VP, Strategy and the Chief Strategy Officer updated on key initiatives and opportunities.
- Identify and engage potential opportunities via networking, technology meet-ups and industry research.
- Lead projects for the Strategy team, work across cross-functional teams, influence decision making within senior-level audiences, and drive management team decisions.
- Prepare analysis and reporting on behalf of the Strategy team, as well as materials / presentations for internal events, conferences, etc.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as Finance, Business or Economics or other related field
- 5+ years of experience in corporate strategy function, finance, corporate development or other relevant experience. Strategy experience is highly preferred.
- Telecommunications experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience exhibiting quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders, collaborating with people across functional boundaries, bringing groups to alignment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new markets, products and technologies and distill what the key drivers and potential impact of these are on our businesses.
- Ability to manage projects, from conception – problem identification, approach, work stream development, through insight, recommendation and initial execution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization at all levels (incl. country leaders and senior corporate executives).
- Excellent and proven consulting skills, including storyboarding, quantitative and qualitative analysis, business modelling and report writing.
- Advanced Excel financial modelling skills and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, and work with teams across cultures.
- Willingness to travel.
Salary Range $ 106,700 to $133,400 dependent on experience + bonus & excellent benefits
* Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
Job Location Information:
Location: Denver, Co 80202
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Most often, you’re going to haven’t any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a couple of people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center will also be simple if you already know where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an improbable and recurrently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide essential coaching, belongings, and techniques for activity seekers. These companies may also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Internet test for job firms in your areamust uncover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The tip purpose for that is to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can commonly be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into a long-lasting activity for the people who perform smartly all over their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.