Hiring Organization / Company: Schwan’s Home Delivery
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
6am to 3pm Sunday through Thursday
As a Senior material handler you will lead the day-to-day tasks of the warehouse. You will be responsible for the training and onboarding of new team members. Top performers can have the opportunity to grow into various roles within the company including, Route Sales Representatives, Area Manager and more! Show us what you got!
Position Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You unload frozen food product up to 50 pounds from semis into warehouse freezers.
- You load frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks.
- Safety is our number one priority! You will be trained on how to safely back up trucks for loading and driving them through depot lot.
- Inventory Control of our trucks and freezer.
- Care for our products, trucks, clean environment, culture and team members.
- Use lists to dispense and receive information including product codes and customer pre-orders.
- General upkeep of facility including cleaning and/or maintenance.
- The hours vary by location and size of the depots, but generally this position is an overnight shift, i.e. 2am – 10:30am, 4am – 12:30pm.
- You will be eligible for vacation and holiday pay, multiple health, dental and vision plans, Employee Incentive Program, and a 401K plan with a company contribution, plus much more, including an employee discount!
To ensure that your safety we provide the proper protective clothing, including, freezer jackets, boots, gloves and glasses. We also provide safety training in driving our trucks, proper lifting, use of equipment, and general warehouse safety.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years of related warehouse experience preferred
- 2+ years of supervisor experience preferred
- Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required
- Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability and team support
- Comfortable with computer technology; i.e hand-held computers, running reports, MS Office programs; or have a willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work physically in freezer environments for 4-8 hours per day, loading and unloading trucks, and standing for 8-hour shifts
- Ability to work independently for part or all of shift
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Location Information:
Location: Denver, Co
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Normally, you’ll have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are several folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be easy if the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are tips that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are a fantastic and usually overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide very important training, assets, and systems for task seekers. These firms will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating revel in. A simple Internet scan for job firms on your areaought to discover where and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The top goal for that may be to save cash on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services can often be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into a long lasting job for the people who carry out neatly during their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.