Hiring Organization / Company: State Of Colorado Job Opportunities
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Our Mission - Engaged employees working together to safeguard lives and to provide diverse public safety services to local communities.
Our Vision - Creating safer and more resilient communities across Colorado.
Our Core Values – Unity, Honor, Service
Visit our website to learn more about the work we do to keep Colorado safe!
CDPS is an equal opportunity employer. See our EEOD Utilization Report (2020)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S OFFICE
- The Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director – Oversees strategic direction and operations for the department.
- Administrative Services Office - Provides division and department-level administrative and support functions encompassing accounting, procurement, budget, and logistics services (fleet, facilities, warehousing, material management and fabrication) to support the operations and programs of CDPS divisions.
- Human Resources Office - Supports recruitment, hiring, evaluation, benefits management, personnel actions, payroll and all other human resources functions.
- Compliance and Professional Standards Office – Develops policies, assesses and manages risk, and ensures compliance with state and federal requirements and professional standards.
- Colorado Integrated Criminal Justice Information Systems – develops cost-effective information sharing services to provide access for criminal justice agencies while maintaining information security. CICJIS is a collaborative program designed to facilitate information sharing at key decision points in the criminal justice process. There are five participating CICJIS agencies: the Department of Corrections, Judicial, the Colorado District Attorney’s Council, the Division of Youth Corrections, and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
- Colorado School Safety Resource Center – assists local schools and communities to create safe and positive school climates for pre-k through higher education schools in Colorado.
The Colorado Department of Public Safety (CDPS) Human Resources office exists to provide human resources services to the general public, applicants, managers, and employees of CDPS. Consultation services include benefit administration, time and leave management, compensation consultation, employee relations, exam development, HR policy development, job analysis, job evaluation and classification, organizational development, new employee orientation and onboarding, performance management (PMP), interpretation of CDPS HR policy, state personnel rules, state and federal employment laws, progressive discipline, records management, recruitment, responding to grievances, appeals, charges of discrimination, reorganization matters, retention, selection and selection appeals, worker’s compensation, settlement advice, strategic planning and overall HR guidance to CDPS managers, supervisors, and employees.
DUTIES (include but are not limited to:)
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Interpersonal skills- Uses a range of skills or processes aimed at resolving conflict including tact and diplomacy
- Offers appropriate and innovative solutions to customer problems.
- Interacts positively, gets along well with others and is able to function constructively in groups.
- Uses a range of skills or processes aimed at resolving conflict including tact and diplomacy
- Contributes to a positive work environment through their interactions with others
- Takes initiative
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Requires successful completion of a fingerprint based criminal background check, professional reference checks, and a polygraph examination. Current CDPS employees would have completed these steps at the time of initial appointment.
EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
Colorado Department of Public Safety is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Monica Rameriz, 303.239.4544, [email protected]
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - RECRUITMENT INFORMATION
- Applications are considered complete and accurate at the time of submission. Therefore, additional information may not be solicited or accepted after your application has been received.
- All applications that are received by the closing of this announcement will be reviewed against the Minimum Qualifications in this announcement. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may proceed to the next step. Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees are hired and promoted based on merit and fitness through a comparative analysis process.
- It is imperative that your application provide as much information and detail as possible about your education, knowledge, skills, and experience as it relates to this job.
- If you are a military veteran you must submit a copy of your DD-214, Member 4 Copy, and VA disability letter if available/applicable at the time of application so we can determine if you are eligible for veteran's preference points. Military personnel who are stationed outside of Colorado may be eligible for this position by submitting the completed DD-2058 "State of Legal Residence" form.
- For an overview of State of Colorado application process and application tips, please view this video.
Comparative analysis steps that will or may be used:
- Structured application review -review of answers to supplemental questions and application materials by a subject matter expert panel.
- Interviews to be held the week of June 21 (tentative).
Job Location Information:
Location: Lakewood, Co
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs in this day and age. Typically, you’ll don’t have any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a number of folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center may also be easy if you realize where to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are guidelines that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an out of this world and commonly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply vital coaching, assets, and techniques for job seekers. These corporations will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating revel in. A easy Internet scan for job firms on your areashould discover the place and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The tip objective for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can repeatedly be a faster and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long lasting task for the individuals who perform neatly all over their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.