Hiring Organization / Company: Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Head Cashier, this means:
- Delivering a checkout experience that is quick, professional, and friendly.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately scanned and meets the needs of the customer.
- Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Head Cashier is responsible for providing excellent customer service during the checkout process. This associate is likely the last interaction with our customer before leaving the store and needs to ensure the customer is satisfied and encouraged to come back to Lowe’s. Therefore, engaging with customers as well as attention to detail are extremely important in this role. As Head Cashier, he/she provides supervision, coaching, and support to the Customer Service Associate - Front End Team. Depending on the specific work shift, this associate may also help open or close the front-end of the store.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 10 pounds without assistance; may lift over 10 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 6 months of experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
- 1 year of experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, protection plans, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 1 year of retail experience.
- 1 year of experience as a head cashier.
- 6 months experience working in any department at a Lowe's retail store.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, delegating, evaluating, training, and coaching employees.
- 6 months of retail experience detecting common signs of shoplifting (e.g., merchandise hidden inside of containers, merchandise under carts, price labels switched).
- 1 year of retail experience as a cashier.
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.97 - $17.60 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- One location
Job Location Information:
Location: Arvada, Co 80002
Date Posted: 2021-07-21
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs this present day. Most often, you’ll don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are several folks out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be easy if you know where to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an implausible and commonly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently provide vital training, assets, and programs for process seekers. These corporations can also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating enjoy. A simple Web scan for job firms on your areamust discover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The top purpose for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a faster and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise transform into a long-lasting task for the individuals who carry out neatly all over their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.