Hiring Organization / Company: State Of Colorado Job Opportunities
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About the Colorado Department of Education
Through setting a clear vision for increasing student performance, CDE continually supports the advancement and improvement of the state’s education system to prepare all learners for success in a rapidly changing global workplace.
The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) provides leadership, resources, support and accountability to the state's 178 school districts, 1,888 schools, over 53,000 teachers and over 3,200 administrators to help them build capacity to meet the needs of the state's approximately 905,000 public school students. In addition, CDE provides structural and administrative support to the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind and the Charter School Institute.
As the administrative arm of the State Board of Education, CDE is responsible for implementing state and federal education laws, disbursing state and federal funds, holding schools and districts accountable for performance, licensing all educators, and providing public transparency of performance and financial data.
CDE is a values-based agency that serves students, parents, and the general public by protecting the public trust through ensuring adherence to laws, strong stewardship of public funds, and accountability for student performance.
All students in Colorado will become educated and productive citizens capable of succeeding in society, the workforce, and life.
The mission of the Colorado Department of Education is to ensure that all students are prepared for success in society, work, and life by providing excellent leadership, service, and support to schools, districts, and communities across the state.
In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer excellent benefits:
Contribution Plan www.copera.org plus 401(k) and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Employer supplemented Health Savings Account
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Discounted RTD EcoPass (Denver Metro locations)
- BenefitHub state employee discount program
- CafeWell employee wellness program
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training and more
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining Extract Transform & Load (ETL) work products necessary to support business intelligence solutions supporting business analysis and reporting needs. The position also requires a high level of proficiency with relational database management systems (RDBMS) and the SQL language that is necessary to validate ETL processes and workflows but also to create necessary DDL and DML within the database.
Work with the data warehouse team and business owner teams to understand data sources and implement new or updated requirements. Ensure optimal end-user performance by establishing and consistently executing overall system performance assessment processes and associated action plans.
Primary Job Duties:
Duty: Developing Extract Transform Load Processes
- Develop, maintain, and enhance Informatica Extract, Load, and Transform (ETL) processes to load data from the Operational Data Store (ODS), Assessment collections, and external data sources to the Data Warehouse.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance Informatica ETL processes for Data Marts and file creation for federal reporting. In all the above must follow the Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) process.
- Must know how the SLDC works. Gather functional requirements; develop detail requirements; review the functional and detail requirements with business users/owners; obtain signoff on requirements; develop software and unit test; migrate software to QA and get the business users/owners to test and approve; migrate approved software to production and set-up runbooks and schedules. Utilize and develop best practices.
- Develop Informatica mappings, transformations, workflows.
- In performing this duty, provide examples of typical problems or challenges encountered by this position, and the guidance used to resolve the problem. Utilize best practices.
- Be familiar with best practices and industry standards enough to determine what and how to apply those standards.
- Assists with project plans and facilitates meetings.
- Assist with estimating and planning project deliverables and dependencies.
- Attend planning sessions with internal customers to review upcoming requested enhancements and requirements to existing ETL processes and reports.
- Research the background of requested enhancements to understand legislative requirements or educational practices driving the requests.
- The developer will decide the best way to gather requirements. The gathering process may include Face-to-Face meetings and interviews, or/ and virtual meetings, or/ and a combination of both.
- Data modeling design sessions to help the requirements to be more accurately defined by the business users.
- Respond to internal and external ad-hoc data requests by analyzing the request, identifying necessary data in the data warehouse which satisfies the data request, and write the necessary routine to generate the file to send to the requestor.
- Plan and manage deployments. Using a bug tracking system, perform production support for user questions and research and troubleshoot issues arising in production systems.
- coordinate and conduct training and testing for business analysts and other end-users.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Substitutions
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a field of study related to the work assignment.
- One year of professional experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Additional appropriate experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a
- year-for-year basis.
- Training or certification related to the work assigned to the position will be considered as a substitution for the required experience and/or education.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for this position, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board or request a review by the State Personnel Director.
An appeal or review must be submitted on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative. This form must be delivered to the State Personnel Board by email, US Mail, faxed or hand-delivered within ten (10) calendar days from your receipt of notice or acknowledgment of the department’s action.
For more information about the appeals process, the official appeal form, and how to deliver it to the State Personnel Board go to spb.colorado.gov or refer to 4 Colorado Code of Regulations (CCR) 801-1, State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, Chapter 8, Resolution of Appeals and Disputes, at spb.colorado.gov under Rules.
Employees at CDE and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Creates and sustains a positive workplace culture that conveys the value of an equitable, diverse, and inclusive organization.
- Encourages additional learning and reflection related to these topics and models these actions.
- Takes swift and appropriate action(s) to stop any discrimination, harassment, and/or microaggressions when discovered, consulting Human Resources as appropriate.
- Completes required training regarding EDI
How to Apply:
Applicants MUST submit a resume attached to the online application. Applications left blank or marked "See Resume" will not be accepted.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A resume (attach to your online application).
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
The Colorado Department of Education is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Jessica Martella [email protected] or call 303-866-6600.
Job Location Information:
Location: Denver, Co
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the present time. In most cases, you will don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not on your own. There are several folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be easy if you understand the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an out of this world and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently provide vital coaching, property, and techniques for activity seekers. These corporations can also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating enjoy. A simple Web scan for job firms on your areaought to discover the place and how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end function for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can regularly be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into a long-lasting job for the people who perform well all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of money when cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.