Hiring Organization / Company: Montessori Academy Of Colorado
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Elementary Classroom Assistant
The Elementary Classroom Assistant is a critical component of the Elementary program at MAC. This position is a teaching role, meaning that >90% of time should be spent directly working with children.
MAC invests heavily in its teachers by offering a generous benefit package, including: the potential for paid Montessori training, 35 paid holidays annually, 7 Paid Time Off days, health, dental and vision insurance, a 403b retirement plan with match, employer paid life insurance plan and voluntary life insurance, critical illness and short term disability plans.
- Ensuring the classroom is clean, organized, and ready for children (keep shelves orderly and supplies replenished so that children can practice their lessons and engage in projects)
- Material replenishing
- Taking attendance
- Snack Prep & dismantle
- Snack Ordering
- Instagram and social media
- Other duties as assigned
- Building strong relationships with all students
- Positively redirecting students to ensure >90% of the classroom is engaged in work during the work cycle
- Checking student work
- Managing students who are not in lessons to ensure children/teachers who are in lessons are not interrupted
- Listening to Readers
- Going Out Chaperone
- Assist with lunch and recess duties
- Support the Montessori teaching method. Specifically, help guide the child through self-directed activities, allowing the child to develop at his or her own pace. Foster, along with the lead teachers, a nurturing and stimulating non-competitive environment.
- Act as a “second set of eyes,” so each child’s activity and duration of engagement is identified. Provide this information to the lead teacher to identify the ebb and flow of a student’s work cycle as well as patterns in learning and needs. Provide observations as necessary for targeted and individualized lesson planning and for the development of effective classroom management procedures
- Support the lead teacher’s communication with parents to ensure that parents are informed about their child's development and any changes to the regular day-to-day schedule
- Understand the teacher's routine when it comes to delivering a lesson plan and running the class in the event that the teacher is absent on a particular day
- Support the use of work journal
- Communicate effectively with lead teacher, elementary team, and program director
- Ensure goals for student learning outcomes are reached
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years' experience in education
- Love of elementary-aged students
- Nurturing teaching approach
- High school diploma/GED required (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Compassionate attitude and a strong understanding of child development
- Professionalism, including attendance, positivity, and a sense of humor
Job Location Information:
Location: Denver, Co
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the present time. Usually, you will have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not alone. There are several folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if you already know where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are tips that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are a fantastic and often overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly provide crucial training, property, and techniques for activity seekers. Those corporations can be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A simple Internet scan for job firms on your areamust discover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The top objective for that is to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment services can repeatedly be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into an enduring job for the individuals who perform neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash while cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.