Hiring Organization / Company: City And County Of Denver
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About Our Job
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
As an Aviation Customer Service Agent, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional service to customers traveling through our airport specifically those arriving from international destinations. Primary duties include assisting customers as they pass through the Federal Inspection Service (FIS) facility by managing various queue lines and by ensuring customers have the necessary documentation needed for the customs process. You will also responsible for providing meet & assist/concierge services to guests of the airport, groups, and passengers needing a little extra care as they travel. Additionally, you will have the ability to assist at airport Information Booths and strategic locations throughout DEN to assist customers with wayfinding etc.
This position presents an extraordinary opportunity for a highly motivated employee who thrives in a fast-paced ever- changing environment. The work of the Aviation Customer Service Agent has airport-wide impact and will work with the entire airport community including internal and external business partners and stakeholders to enhance the customer experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Serve as a “Brand Ambassador” for Denver International Airport (DEN) by anticipating customer needs and exceeding their expectations. Demonstrates this through consistently being professional, visible, approachable, flexible, reliable, accountable and by delivering the highest levels of customer service in everyday assignments, special projects and initiatives and is an active team contributor.
- Provide assistance to and ensure international arriving passengers flow efficiently throughout various queue lines throughout the Federal customs clearance process.
- Provide an elevated experience when performing meet and assist and concierge-style services to guests of the airport, as well as passengers needing a little extra care when arriving or departing DEN
- Support a variety of airport and employee related events, including meeting and greeting guests and coordinating logistics as required.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders by developing relationships with governmental agencies and internal departments to ensure customer service goals and objectives are met.
- Provide tours of the airport to internal and external stakeholders, serving as a subject matter expert.
- Become proficient in airfield driving to support and perform assignments related to the Concierge program
- Monitor airport terminal and concourse areas for conditions that compromise safety, security, and efficiency and report issues to the appropriate authority.
- Proactively provide assistance to passengers in emergency situations such as weather events, security breaches, train failures, and security level changes.
- Utilize a variety of technology devices to assist customers with information requests and maintain a current level of knowledge about DEN by attending training, airport briefings and meetings with managers, supervisors and stakeholders. Represent Customer Service at daily operational meetings with other airport operational organizations, airlines, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and contract security providers as needed.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of airport services and resources to successfully assist the traveling public.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with experience in the customer service industry and possess strong oral and written communication skills. We are looking for candidates who are outcome oriented, strives to exceed customer expectations, has a positive attitude, and a focus on successful customer engagement.
In addition, we are looking for candidates with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Five (5) years customer service experience working in an airline, airport, service, hotel or hospitality industry
- Professional level experience in using Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Word
- Strong oral communication skills
- Bilingual - German, Spanish, French, or Mandarin a plus
- Schedule flexibility, with the ability to work evenings, weekends and Holidays.
- Position participates in a seniority-based shift bid. Hours of availability required 6:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Availability to extend and change shifts with short notice. Customer Service Agents in International Arrivals need to be available when international flights are delayed/changed or as meet and assist/concierge services are requested.
- If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs employees can be required to work extended hours or shifts
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate.
- Experience: Three years of customer service work for airlines, call centers, hospitality, ground transportation, or customer service-related industries.
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
- Licensures: Possession of a valid driver's license.
FBI Background Check : FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties : Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCC2482 Aviation Customer Service Agent
Position Salary Range$18.94 - $28.41
Starting PayBased on education and experience
AgencyDenver International Airport
Assessment RequirementCustomer Service Agent: Non-Compliance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
Job Location Information:
City: Denver International Airport
Location: Denver International Airport, Co
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs these days. Normally, you’ll have no clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a number of people out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can also be simple if you already know where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are tips that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an incredible and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply essential training, property, and methods for job seekers. These firms will also be in particular helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A simple Web experiment for job firms to your areamust discover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top purpose for that may be to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting activity for the individuals who perform neatly all the way through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.