Hiring Organization / Company: Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (wje)
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is looking for an Administrative Associate for our Denver office located in Lakewood, Colorado. In this role, you’ll support a team of engineering, architectural, and materials science consultants with a customer-first approach and a high attention to detail. Our ideal candidate is consistently professional, organized, thorough, and a self-starter who focuses on teamwork while completing a variety of tasks. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative setting.
WJE is a global firm of engineers, architects, and materials scientists committed to helping solve, repair, and avoid problems in the built world. Since 1956, our applied experience from more than 125,000 projects and our state-of-the-art laboratory and testing facilities have made WJE a leader in providing innovative yet practical solutions to the clients we serve.
- Greets visitors and answers incoming calls, directing client inquiries as appropriate
- Supports technical staff utilizing MS Office, Vision, and Bluebeam expertise in order to complete work product
- Collaborates with team members to prepare, edit, proofread, and assemble incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents adhering to the firm's template standards; documents will include reports, presentations, RFPs/RFQs, and marketing support materials
- Experience with or ability to learn routine editing commands within AutoCAD is a plus
- Organizes internal meetings, webinars, and conference calls, and coordinates outside activities, events, and meals
- Provides assistance in the coordination of office tasks which may include resolving building issues, conference room scheduling and setup/takedown, maintaining office equipment, and contacting vendors as needed
- Maintains office equipment, manages supply orders, and researches new equipment/leases
- Completes a variety of other administrative tasks including processing incoming/outgoing mail, assisting with copying, filing, binding, ordering office supplies, and maintaining office library
- Two plus years of related administrative support experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, accounting, or business preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as the use of and ability to troubleshoot standard office equipment
- Prior experience with Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam, ACDSee, or other digital image software, and additionally, prior experience with Vision or other database management product
- Excellent editing and proofreading abilities with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and creatively solve problems while employing strong listening skills and high attention to detail
- Self-starter, with demonstrated capacity to handle multiple needs, organize workload, prioritize tasks, and adapt to change while presenting a professional demeanor and a high-energy client focus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability along with the ability to read and write. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as a computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office equipment. Position requires the ability to remain for extended periods at a workstation, as well as the ability to lift 25 pounds.
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans. (VEVRAA federal contractor)
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.
- 2 year(s): Years of experience
- Bachelors or better in English or related field
- Office Administration
- Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Location Information:
Location: Lakewood, Co
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs this present day. Most often, you are going to have no clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are a couple of folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be easy if you realize where to start out. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an improbable and often lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide vital coaching, property, and systems for task seekers. Those corporations may also be specifically helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running revel in. A easy Web test for job firms in your areashould uncover where and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The top function for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can frequently be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into a long-lasting activity for the people who carry out smartly all through their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of cash when money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.